The farm house and barn were built in 1862. We purchased this farm from descendants of the original owners. That is a rare thing in the Eastern U.S.. As a result it came with a lot of history and antiques. The barn was built with milking stalls on the lower level, a large hay loft and a wooden octagon silo.
The aerial photo above and the picture of the house are circa 1950.
This farm was at one time owned by someone famous! Gen. Henry Martyn Robert, author of "Robert's Rules of Order", used this house as his summer residence from 1913 to 1921.